Summer is just around the corner, which means the season of fresh produce has arrived. One of our favorite ways to enjoy warm weather fruits and vegetables is to combine them into a refreshing salad. Since most of us do not have time to spend hours in the kitchen, this quick recipe is not only delicious, but it is effortless to make and combines two of our favorite summer fruits: apricots and watermelon.
This recipe is also useful for your health and is packed with nutrients. By incorporating The CBDistillery’s 99% Pure CBDelicious Isolate Powder (SRP $28) derived from hemp into the balsamic honey vinaigrette, your body receives a broad spectrum of therapeutic benefits.
If you are unfamiliar with CBD Isolate, it is a flavorless non-psychoactive powder that is derived from cannabis or hemp. Unlike THC, CBD Isolate won't get you high. Instead, it acts as powerful medicine and is an excellent source of nutrition. By using it to your food, you can create gourmet recipes and still receive the healing powers of CBD.
Grilled Apricot, Watermelon & Arugula Salad with CBD Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 4
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 cups arugula
½ medium watermelon cut into cubes
2 - 3 small apricots
¼ red onion
2 tablespoons Feta cheese to taste
A handful of chopped mint
Infused Balsamic Honey Vinaigrette
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup local wildflower honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or kalamata cold pressed olive oil
0.25 grams CBDistillery 99% Pure CBDelicious Isolate Powder
Sea salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium heat. Rinse the apricots and slice into sixths. Put the apricot slices onto a skewer and brush lightly with olive oil. Place the apricots on the grill or grill pan and cook for 1 – 2 minutes per side. Grill just enough to caramelize them, but do not cook them all the way through. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Next, cut the watermelon, mint, and onion. Use a knife to cut the watermelon in half and then into cubes. Discard the rind and seeds into your compost and place the cubes into a medium bowl. Set aside. For the red onion, chop ¼ of the onion into long, thin pieces to be incorporated into the salad. Also be sure to chop the mint into small, edible pieces. Place into a bowl and set aside.
3. Now it is time to make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, and .25 grams of CBDistillery 99% Pure CBDelicious Isolate Powder (about ¼ of the jar). Mix until all of the ingredients are combined well. Season with salt and pepper. Remember, you will most likely have leftover vinaigrette to use for future salads, so be sure to have an air-tight container that will preserve the CBD dressing.
4. The final step is to build your salad. In a salad bowl, add the arugula, mint, and red onion. Using a tablespoon, add your desired amount of salad dressing to the bowl and toss well. Plate the arugula mix onto four plates and top with watermelon, grilled apricots, and a sprinkle of feta cheese along with fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy!
Recommended Wine Pairing:
Escudo Real Vinho Verde Rosé 2017 (SRP $12)
- A light, crisp rosé is a great pairing with this salad. Escudo Real's slightly sparkling Vinho Verde Rosé displays bright notes of juicy watermelon and strawberry with refreshing acidity on the palate. Because this wine has some fizz, it also acts as a palate cleanser, making each bite even more enjoyable. If you want to add shrimp or chicken to this recipe, this wine can also handle different types of protein, making it a versatile selection for summer dining. To purchase this wine, click here.
Are you looking for more cannabis recipes? Visit our Taste Guide for some of our other latest culinary creations.
To purchase CBDistillery products, click here. Use the promo code TheHerbSomm to save 5% on your next order.
Peace, Love & Cannabis,
The Herb Somm