Oh, the holidays. December is such a joyous time of year where we can eat, drink, and be merry. It is also a time where we spend many hours in the kitchen preparing side dishes for upcoming holiday parties and gatherings. While most of us have hectic schedules, finding a quick recipe to use is crucial during this eventful season.
One of our favorite easy recipes is Festive Focaccia Bread Infused with CBD Oil. If you decide to purchase pre-made dough (which is way less of a process than creating your own), you can make this delicious side dish in 30 minutes or less. Just be sure to have a rolling pin, baking stone, and a food processor plus six simple ingredients: flour, dough, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, CBD CannaOil, and Italian herbs.
Infused Focaccia is the perfect addition to any meal. While Cannabidiol (CBD) is non-psychoactive, this festive gourmet bread tastes delicious and delivers relaxing, therapeutic side effects that can benefit your health. If you are enjoying other infused items that contain higher levels of THC, the CBD used in this recipe will also help you feel balanced and will counteract the psychoactivity of the THC so you won't feel as high. Pretty cool, right? That’s why this is the perfect side dish for any occasion! Below is what you’ll need to get started.
Festive Focaccia Bread Infused with CBD Oil
6 - 8 Servings
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
**Cooking Tip**: If you purchase pre-made dough, take the dough out of the refrigerator, remove the packaging, and let it rest on a well-floured countertop for 30 minutes before using. Warming the dough makes rolling much easier and will allow it to stretch out properly.
16 ounces of pre-made dough (we love Trader Joe’s Plain Pizza Dough or if you prefer to make your own click here)
1 bulb of minced garlic
3 - 4 tablespoons of CBD CannaOil (enough to completely cover the top of the dough)
2 tablespoons of dried or fresh Italian herbs
Grated Parmesan cheese
Flour for rolling out dough
Cooking Accessories Needed:
Baking Stone (make sure your stone is seasoned well with olive oil before using to prevent dough from sticking)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To retain the CBD’s effectiveness, remember to keep temperatures low and cook slow. Do not heat the oven past 350 degrees.
2. While oven is preheating, use a food processor to mince 1 bulb of garlic or about 10 cloves. Add more if you are a garlic lover! Scrape into a bowl and set aside.
3. Using your baking stone, add a coating of flour on the surface and place the unrolled dough in the middle. Sprinkle the dough with flour and begin to stretch out using a well-floured rolling pin. We prefer to roll the dough directly on top the stone so that you can spread the dough out to match the shape and size of your baking stone.
4. Once the dough has been rolled out, and no air pockets remain, use a fork to make tiny indents across the surface of the dough to prevent bubbles from forming while baking.
5. Next, add the CBD CannaOil using a basting brush. Coat the top and sides of the dough with oil. Make sure to coat every inch and try to use it all. It’s okay to leave a few puddles of CannaOil on top; the cheese will soak it up!
6. Using a large spoon, coat the top of the dough with the minced garlic. Be sure to spread evenly and try to cover as much dough as you can.
7. Using your hand, add the grated Parmesan on top of the dough, garlic, and CannaOil. Use as much as you’d like just be sure to coat the entire surface.
8. Next, add the dried herbs on top. This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons but add more if you’d like. Just make sure the top of the Focaccia is fully covered with the seasoning as shown below.
9. It’s time to bake the dough! Place the baking stone into the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Remove from heat and cool.
10. Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice your newly made Focaccia into bite-size pieces. Add a sprinkle of fresh herbs (we love parsley) on top for some extra flavor.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Please share on social media and tag us @theherbsomm.
Peace, Love & Cannabis,
The Herb Somm