Cooking for Wellness
Two CBD recipes to heal the mind, body, and soul
As you might have heard by now, using Cannabidiol (CBD) in your cooking is a healthy way to improve your wellness routine. By using CBD as an ingredient, there are a lot of different ways you can incorporate this organic compound into different recipes. Some our favorite culinary ideas include making an infusion, drizzling CBD oil on top of a favorite dish or adding CBD to tea or coffee.
Unlike THC, CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that’s derived from cannabis and hemp. You can consume substantial amounts of CBD, but it won’t get you high. Instead, CBD acts as a powerful medicine that helps fight depression, anxiety, inflammation, and much more. It is also an excellent nutritional source, so we love adding CBD to our cooking.
Approved by the FDA, you can purchase hemp derived CBD products in all 50 states if there is no THC present. One of the top providers in the nation is The CBDistillery. The CBDistillery was founded by a group of Colorado natives with a firm belief that people should have a right to the highest quality, reasonably priced Cannabidiol. Their mission is to spread knowledge and educate those who are seeking a holistic approach to healing or improving personal wellness.
We were lucky enough to sample two of their most popular products. The first being The CBDistillery’s 2500mg Full Spectrum Tincture (SRP $130). This incredible bottle of hemp-derived oil is pesticide free, non-GMO, and extracted from the mature stalks and stems of the hemp plant. Blended with coconut MCT oil, this tincture is very therapeutic and can instantly relieve achy joints and pains when appropriately dosed.
We also sampled The CBDistillery’s 99+% Pure CBD Isolate Powder ($30 SRP for 1 gram). The powder is non-GMO, pesticide-free, and CO2 extracted from industrial hemp oil. The best way to use isolate powder is to use it as an ingredient. We love incorporating it into different sauces, coffee, tea, parfaits, and more. It’s also packed with therapeutic health benefits. After consuming, this isolate powder helps with anxiety and stress. Because of its powerful healing properties, this product is one of the company’s top-selling items.
As gourmet lovers, we are always looking for ways to incorporate new ingredients into our cooking routine. This time around, we created two recipes for full body wellness. Below are two ideas we’ve developed using The CBDistillery’s Full Spectrum Tincture and 99+% Pure CBD Isolate Powder. Keep in mind, both of these items are very versatile. There are many creative ways you can use them in your cooking. We hope you enjoy our take on two of our favorite culinary creations that are focused on healing the mind, body, and soul. Click here to purchase these products. Use the promo code TheHerbSomm to save 5% on your next order.
Chia Cinnamon CBD Parfait with Hemp Milk
Cooking Time: 5 minutes Ingredients:
2 cups hemp milk (look for Tempt unsweetened hemp milk)
½ cup chia seeds
¼ cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
.33 grams The CBDistillery 99+% Pure CBD Isolate Powder
Directions: 1. Using a blender, add all ingredients except for the chia seeds. Blend on high for one minute or until the mixture is smooth.
2. Pour the blender contents into a small mixing bowl and whisk in the chia seeds. Whisk for about 1 - 2 minutes to prevent clumping.
3. Pour the pudding into two glass mason jars or an air-tight container. Place the jars into the refrigerator and let cool for 6-8 hours or until the chia seeds have opened up to form a gelatin. Make sure to stir the pudding mixture a couple of times within the first hour to help keep the pudding texture consistent.
4. Top with your favorite fruit and enjoy!
CBD Pesto Pasta with Spicy Shrimp
Cooking Time: 45 minutes Ingredients:
CBD Raw Pesto
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup fresh basil
½ cup fresh Italian parsley
½ cup cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
⅓ grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon The CBDistillery 2500mg Hemp Cannabinoid Extract (or 4 ml per serving)
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
8 ounces uncooked Gigli pasta
1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 pound asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces
½ mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Dash of salt
Dash of black pepper
1. Beginning with the raw pesto ingredients, rinse off the leafy greens thoroughly and place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until finely chopped and pesto becomes a smooth sauce.
2. Using a spoon, scoop the pesto sauce into a small bowl, cover with saran wrap, and place into the refrigerator until needed.
3. Next, it’s time to make the pasta. Using a large pot, boil water over high heat. Add the uncooked Gigli noodles and cook according to package instructions.
4. While the noodles are cooking, wash the asparagus and cut into 2-inch pieces. Place the asparagus into the boiling water with the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cook time. Drain in a colander and set aside.
5. Using a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat until melted. Before adding the shrimp to the pan, dip both sides of the shrimp into a blend of ground red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. We prefer extra spicy, so make sure your shrimps are saturated with the spices. If you prefer less spicy, simply sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top. Add shrimp to the heated pan, add lemon juice, and cook until the shrimp turn pink on both sides.
6. Once the shrimp have finished cooking, add the noodles and asparagus to the pan. Saute together briefly and remove from heat.
7. Using the pesto sauce, add in 6 - 8 tablespoons depending on your preference. Add cherry tomatoes, small fresh basil leaves, and top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
8. Serve and enjoy.
Are you looking for more cannabis recipes? Visit our Taste Guide for some of our other latest culinary creations. Be sure to join our mailing list to receive new updates each week.
Peace, Love & Cannabis,
The Herb Somm